- Black felt tip markers of different weights (for sketching and producing thumbnail drawings)
- Removable storage device, such as a USB flash drive (recommended). Other types of external hard drives are also ok.
- A sketchbook.
- White / Black mounting board. Boards cannot be flimsy. No foam core. (You can purchase larger sheets and have these cut down at any framing or art supply store).
- Spray adhesive (such as 3M Spray-mount)
- X-ACTO knife and #11 blades (buy extra blades)
- 18” to 36” ruler with cork back or other non-slip metal straight-edge for cutting
- High quality inkjet paper for printouts
Things that will make your life easier:
- Self-healing rubber mat or other good cutting surface
- An inexpensive soft sided or art portfolio case (for carrying your work on a day to day basis). This will help to protect your work while transporting it from home to campus, etc.
Adobe Illustrator CS3 Classroom in a Book.
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book.
While these software books are not required, they are strongly recommended. This class will cover the software elements that pertain to our projects. It is up to you to build upon these skills and develop the relationship between design concepts and implementation.