Attendance is mandatory. This is an experience-based studio class. You will learn from me and from your colleagues, so it is very important to be in class.
- Any student who fails to attend the first week of class will be asked to drop the course.
- No more than three absences are allowed in the semester. Your final grade will be reduced by a letter for each and every absence after the third.
- Leaving early or arriving late is counted as a half absence. If you come to class late, it is your responsibility to notify me after class that you were late, not absent, and to request a change in the attendance record from absent to late. If you fail to do this, be aware that your attendance record remains as an absence.
- There are no “excused” absences. It would be wise to save your 3 allowable absences in anticipation of emergencies. It is you responsibility to inform me in advance of a class that you know you must miss.
- You will be held responsible for the material covered in the missed class and must consult with your fellow students to receive all instruction and information covered in the class. You are expected to return to class with any materials required during your absence and any work currently due.
- The last day to withdraw and still receive a “W” for the course is October 8th. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the registrar if this becomes necessary; the instructor will not do so.
If you have a documented disability and wish to discuss academic accommodations with me, please contact me as soon as possible. You are required to attend any class trips during the semester.